Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Start of Month 3

We have gotten back from Charleston and I have started and almost finished the first week in my 3rd month of being on the new drug.  They have been keeping up with my CEA count and we found out that it has dropped 1.3 points from last month to this month.  This was the news that Jenny and I have been waiting to hear for 3 months.  We were also having problems with my blood pressure being too high, but I have been on a medication for about a month now and we finally have that under control as well.

I decided to coach at another tournament in Charleston since I was going to be down there anyways.  It was nice also for Jenny and I to be able to get away for a weekend and hangout.  We had some good food and we were able to see Sheena and Katie one night too.  

This past month of the treatment were not bad.  The blisters that I have been getting on my hands were not nearly as bad this time as they were last month.  Jenny talked last time about a certain type of lotion that is supposed to work the best for my hands (thank you for all the response about this) and I have been using it the entire time so I guess it really does work.

On a funny note.  Our house got struck by lightning the other night.  Yes I do know how bad that sounds.  But it is actually not too bad of a thing because we are now going to be forced to get a new tv for the living room since the lightning decided our old tv needed to pass away.  I have come up with a spreadsheet (which everyone makes fun of me for) so we can figure out which tv is the best.  The storm also decided to kill our modem and one of the Direct TV boxes as well.  So it has been a crazy start to the week for the Bright household.

Jenny has been giving me grief lately because this coming up Tuesday I will be turning the big 3-0.  I don't feel any different but for some reason she thinks it is a big deal I guess because she is so much younger than I am.

I hope that everyone has a great week and thank you for all the support.

Tim

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Tim / Jenny,
Do you know the name of the lotion you used this time for the hand-foot syndrome?
Do you think it worked?
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

It is Udderly Smooth Cream with Urea. His feet are still pretty bad so we got some foot balm from Whole Foods & going to see how that goes.

Maggie Laughlin said...

YEAH!! I AM SO THANKFUL YOUR CEA NUMBERS ARE DOWN AND YOU ARE DOING BETTER!!!

OH, AND HAPPY, HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE MY LOVE TO ALL!

LOVE,

MAGGIE

Sheila Baker said...

Sounds like everything is doing what it is suppose to..so glad to hear that!! Happy happy Birthday Tim!!

Sherry Wharton said...

Glad you're having an easier time with this treatment, Tim. We think about you often and are glad to hear you are doing well. Hope you find a great new tv.

Love,

Sherry and Jeff