Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Cancer Survivors Park Alliance Article

I got a message a few weeks back asking if I would be interested in being featured in the 52 week series in the Greenville News called the Sunday Survivor Series. I'd seen a few examples via the Chop Cancer event my sister and I attended with the Edenfields last fall and agreed right away. I do not like having my picture taken but Mark Kirby made it easy (i.e. kept me distracted) and kept me laughing with his stories or just talking in depth about his loss of his mom to cancer and my loss of Tim. The afternoon flew by and shortly after I got to reconnect to my old friend Emily, who also lost her mom to cancer unfortunately. From Mark & I's afternoon session and Emily & I's discussion the two of them created this piece about my experience of becoming a "cancer survivor."

The article may be read in it's entirety here: http://www.cancersurvivorspark.org/survivor-series.php




No comments: