Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chemo Round #6

Well it has been a while since I have updated the sight and I am really sorry about that.  I was unable to recieve a treatment last week due to my liver counts been al ittle too high.  Which I won't be too mad at.  It gave me a total of 3 weeks off and feeling good.  I am currently on my 6th treatment that I just started yesterday.  This is the halfway point for me.  Once I get unhooked tomorrow then I will only have 6 more treatments left.  It seems like it will never end but I have a feeling that it will be over with sooner than I can immagine. 

This past week and the week before were really nice.  I was able to play a little bit of golf and I was able to make it to the Greek Festival.  The Greek Festival was the highlight of the weekend b/c they have the best food especially their lamb burgr.  It is something that I look forward to every year.  After devoured the burger I had to go and see the Fosters and get some of their ice cream.  It is such a great festival with lots of fun and great food. 

Once Jenny and I left the Greek Festival friday night we decided that we were going to go and meet her dad and his brother for the weekend at Fripp Island.  We arrived on the island at around 10:30 and stayed up and talked to them for a bit before everyone went to bed.  We woke up the next morning at about 9:00 and were on the beach fishing by 10:30.  We stayed out there for about 2 hours before we went and met up with Robert's daughter Jessie.  We picked her up and had a little lunch and went back out for a little more fishing.  Over the weekend the 5 of us combined caught 2 fish and had maybe 5 bites.  It was not the best fishing any of us have done.  We stayed up and watched a movie that night before we were up and out of the house by 9:45 the next morning. 

We got back to Greenville a little bit after lunchtime and I was out at the baseball field by 5:00.  But not before I stopped by Greenville Memorial Hospital to see the most beautiful little girl that I have ever laid my eyes on.  Miss Lillian Francis Bright was born Saturday morning at around 9:00.  Jenny and I were able to spend about 30 minutes with her before I had to head over to the field.  We had a good practice and I can see the kids are getting better and are excited to be out there. 

Well I am about halfway through this treatment and I am ready for it to be over and I can get back to being somewhat normal for a couple of days.  Again I want to thank everyone for all of their thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment