Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chemo Round #12

Well last Friday will go down as one of the best days that I have ever had.  Dr. Edenfield called me around 5:30 and told me that he had the results of my PET Scan.  Let me rewind before I get to the rest of the story.

Two Fridays ago we got a call that I was to have a PET Scan the coming Tuesday.  This was a shock to me because neither Jenny or I had any clue that I was going to have this so it freaked us out just a little bit.  I called Dr. Edenfield and he told me that he was just really busy that day and hadn't had the time to tell me that he had scheduled me for a test.  The reasoning for the test is that my CEA results were rising, although not drastically, but it was something he wanted to see why it was happening. 

So, I go Tuesday to the Radiology office and I get hooked up with my IV and I drink the terrible drink that they make you drink, and the they dim the lights and you sit there for 45 minutes.  They came and got me and I went back for the scan.  It lasted about 28 minutes and it was back to work.

After that I thought that I would have to wait until the following
Wednesday to get the results and you have no idea what it is like to have to wait for results like that.  So I tried not to think about it and just stayed at work as long as I could. 

Now back to Friday evening.  Dr. Edenfield called and said that he had the results of my test.  He said "we still need to monitor you closely but I couldn't find anything on the PET Scan it came back clean".  He said that this was positive and he was very excited about the results.  As soon as I heard those words my heart dropped out of my chest and it felt like a huge load was lifted off my my shoulders.  I know that there is still a ways to go but this is a great start.  I really feel that all of the prayers and thoughts that have been directed towards me are the main reason we got these results. 

So, I want to thank everyone for all those prayers and thoughts.  I will give another update after this final round of Chemo this week and my visit with Dr. Edenfield.
Post a Comment