Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Prep for Round 6

Almost halfway done (well with what was originally scheduled anyways). Tim's blood-cell counts are still looking good so he is still considered to be healthy. Our biggest problem has been keeping his potassium up which could be solved if he'd actually remember to eat a banana everyday. Unfortunately the Ativan keeps him from remembering anything.


Just a heads-up that if you've had a conversation with him while he is on chemo he most likely has no recollection of that conversation and actually may not remember that he talked with you at all. I've found this to be both frustrating and beneficial for myself. I'm no longer ever accused of nagging him although I'm actually having to nag him much more than I ever did before. I've actually also found that I can convince him that he has agreed to things that may not have occured such as cleaning the house, not that I've done that or anything though...

We had a great time with my cousins this past weekend staying up watching movies, walking around downtown and even doing a little dress shopping for Sarah Katherine. Otherwise we've been pretty boring recently with the highlight of our week sitting on the couch and watching TV.

Tim was able to get a half-dose of his Vectibix this week which we are so happy about and are hoping his reaction is minimal with all of the drugs, creams and other cleansers and medications he has within his arsenal now.

In other news, we went to a meeting this week the BrightLife team held to discuss the golf tournament, dinner and silent auction and I'm am incredibly impressed with all they have accomplished. They've done an amazing job with this and I'm excited to see it all come together, I'm sure it will be great! Looks like there will be some pretty incredible auction items as well. We're excited to see those that can make it out to the event!

One last thing before I head off to bed, just wanted to wish my dad, James, a very happy birthday tomorrow. The old man is getting even older! :)

1 comment:

Flounder said...

Wishing you the best Tim. Put some info on our blog - Help Support Former Gameocks Baseball Player Tim Bright: http://bit.ly/fTTmKz - and I hope it helps. Travis Haney also helped to put the blog post out there and I hope it helps via a prayer from Gamecock Nation or a donation to your foundation. Keep fighting and stay upbeat...