Sunday, August 14, 2011

26 and Counting

I have now been through a total of 26 treatments and number 3 of this latest round. The round before this was not too rough but this round made it all up. I felt pretty good when I got home, I took a short nap and woke up not feeling good at all. And when I say that I didn't feel good I just mean that I was a bit nausious, achey, and just couldn't get comfortable. I was able to eat Cheerios this time, and that is the first time I have been able to eat anything other than smoothies and popsicles over the past 15 treatements.

Jenny and I did our normal grocery shopping on Saturday and ran 1 or 2 more errands before we headed home for the day. On Sunday we just took it real easy and had my brother, Haley, and the beautiful Lilian over for dinner. Lillian is now almost 15 months old and she is just a big ball of energy and so funny.

Jenny left town Thursday to head down to Charleston for her sorority sister Jenny Lacus' wedding. I had to work on Friday before I headed down for the weekend. Jenny stayed at another one of her sorority sisters Megan Smith's house. The wedding was great and Jenny Lacus look beautiful in her dress. After the wedding was over we went back to Megan's house and hung out for a little bit. At around 1:30 or so in the morning her friends took a circle of cake with a candle and sang Happy Birthday to me. It was great and extremly thoughful of them to do that.

Jenny and I woke up Sunday and went to Lost Dogs to eat with Megan and her boyfriend Cameron. After brunch Jenny and I walked around Charleston before making the trip back to Greenville.

It was a fun birthday weekend, but now it is time to get back to work on M0nday. I hope that everyone had a great week.

Tim

5 comments:

Maggie Laughlin said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE MANY, MANY MORE.

LOVE TO ALL,

MAGGIE

Karen Bright said...

Love you Tim!!!

Susan McCoy said...

Praying for both of you!! You area real inspiration!!

Sam Oates said...

Glad to hear that you had a ball in Charleston. If you feel like coming out and helping me watch the girls golf tryouts tomorrow we will be at the blade about 3.
Keep doing the best you can and I'll keep praying for you.

Sherry & Jeff Wharton said...

Dear Tim and Jenny,

We think about both of you often and are glad that you are doing well. Glad you had a good time at the wedding in Charleston, too. I know it isn't easy to go through all you have, but I'm hopeful that in time this will all be behind you.

Please say "hi" to your parents, Tim. We wish all of the Brights the best!

Sherry and Jeff Wharton