Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quarter of a Century

I have now hit the quarter of a century mark having gone through my 25th total treatment since March of last year. It sounds like a lot and it is but, I am still here and still going strong. I have told numerous people that I actually feel better today than I did 3 years ago. The number of treatments that I will have in the near future is an undetermined number. I will continue to get breaks from time to time, but more treatments are in the future for me. I know that most of the time I am a positive person about all of this but I will tell you that it gets frustrating from time to time thinking about treatments coming up. Those times are few and far between and only make me that much more determined to beat this and put it in the past.

This past week's treatment was one of the easier treatments that I have had. Jenny and I left The Center Center on Wed. at close to 4:15 in the afternoon. That is extremely late for us to leave. I dont know if it was the long day on Wed. or what but come Thurs and Fri I slept for the better part of the day both days.

On Saturday evening Jenny & I went to a wedding shower for Kris and Lauren and got to see a lot of Jenny's friends from college. On Sunday I woke up and met my brother and parents at Thornblade for brunch and then dad, Steven, and I teed off at 1:40 that afternoon. As the temps got close to 97 degrees that afternoon, I made it through 12 holes before bowing out and heading home.

This weekend dad and I are going down to Columbia for a golf tournament, but other than that it should be a pretty quiet weekend around the house. I hope that everyone has a great week.

4 comments:

Tod Forrest said...

Tim,



We are all praying for your speedy recovery and admire your steadfast positive attitude.

We are all blessed to know you.



God Bless,

Tod

Karen Bright said...

Have fun at the tournament this weekend! You are in my prayers every night!
Love you, Tim!

Patti Greenwell said...

Life is full of ups & downs, and Jenny & you have definitely had your share. So glad to hear that you are feeling well & so upbeat! We will continue to pray for you! Love - Patti & Doug

Maggie Laughlin said...

HANG IN THERE TIM!!! YOUR STRENGTH AND FAITH AND ALL THE PRAYERS GOING UP FOR YOU, WILL BEAT THIS THING!!! LOVE TO ALL YOUR FAMILY.

LOVE,

MAGGIE