Friday, February 22, 2013

Finally Over

I can finally sit back and relax, because the first round is finally over.  That was by far the toughest round of chemo that I have ever been on.  I guess that I did myself no favors by not eating a small breakfast before leaving for chemo Wed. morning.  I had a bagel about an hour into treatment and had another bagel when I got to my house, but that was about it for solid food for me.  Over the two days I had a combo of apple sauce, vanilla pudding, and smoothies.  Usually in the past I have been able to eat a little bit but I think the shock of getting back into this was just a bit too much for me to handle.

This morning I woke and Jenny took me over to the cancer center where I received an entire bag of fluids along with another anti-nausea medicine.  I got home and took a small nap, and then before I knew it Steven, Haley, Lillian, and Harlan stopped by.  I tried to eat a slice of pizza and it went down pretty easy and from then on I have felt halfway decent.  Jenny was harping on me over the two days that I needed to eat something solid or I wouldn't feel well.  (I guess every blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes)  I was planning on taking a short ride tomorrow with Jenny to see our beautiful cousin Emma win the Rambler Pageant in Lancaster, but we have decided that after these past two days I should just chill out a bit. I'm scheduled to get more fluids and meds at the hospital tomorrow and Sunday but we'll see how I feel if that happens.

I hope that everyone has a great week.  And I really appreciate everyone that texted, emailed, sent a card or called this past week.

Tim

6 comments:

Carroll Luck said...

......and it is so good that you felt like writing this yourself!
Prayers and good thoughts continue always from the Luck family.


Carroll

Andy Satterfield said...

Tim
I read the emails that you and Jenny send out. Although I don't typically respond to the emails, I want you to know how much I admire the strength, character and positive attitude you both display. Jenny is obviously a special person, as are you.
Best to you both, and know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Andy

Diane Massey said...

Tim, you are such an inspiration to me! I’ve never met Jenny, but I am so proud of her working with you through whatever you face. She is definitely an angel!

I’m praying God will get you through this and that you will be healed if it’s His will.

Looking forward to some good reports.

Dianne Massey
(worked with your father at Haynsworth and Ogletree)

Sam Oates said...

So glad to hear you made it though the tough days. Still think of you daily and are amazed at how well you are doing through all of this. Sorry your alumni game got snowed out but maybe next year.
Take care buddy and tell Jenny hello.

Sam

Sheila Baker said...

So glad things are looking up!!! Praying for both of you!

Sherry Wharton said...

I am so glad you are feeling better, Tim. I hope this new drug will be the one.

By the way, there is a new cancer treatment available in the Cayman Islands. It is currently only available for stage one and stage two cases. It uses an individual's own cells and immune systems with little to no side-effects. My neighbor, Dr. Tom Wagner, who works with the Cancer Center at GHS told me about it.

I don't know if you could be an exception for treatment or if it would work, but you may want to ask your doctor if he has heard of it. I really don't know much more than that. I do keep my ears open though just in case something new comes along.

I really am impressed with you and Jenny and how well you've managed. I hope you know how much our family loves you and your family. Please say "hello" to all.