Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Long Road of Ups and Downs

As chemo started this week for me I was supposed to see what my White Blood Cell count was at since it was low when I did my bloodwork on Thursday.  Well according Lynn, my nurse, Dr. Edendfield was good with where the number was and allowed me to get a treatment.  I could tell by the way that Lynn was acting towards me that something wasn't quite right.  As we talked through the morning it came out that tumor marker or CEA has been rising the last two times that I have had it drawn.  My idea was to wait until after the 4th treatment to see what it was doing.  Well this past treatment was number 4.  I still don't know what the exact number is but I know it is much higher than it is supposed to be, I am also scheduled to have another CT Scan a week from Friday.  This news really put me in a bad place on Monday, because this was a regime that has worked for me in the past.  It is now time to go back to the drawing boards to find the next best thing to try.

I guess that I wanted to come to the golf tournament. which is finally upon us, with positive news that the new treatment is working and I will be able to stay on it for a while.  But sadly that will not be the case. I will come back to have my CT Scan on Friday morning very early and then head over the the opening day of the BrightLife House Tours.  I will sit down with Dr. Edenfield on Monday in the afternoon to see where we will be going next.  I dont know if this will call for a trip to New York or Texas but it will be something that will be talked about.

Isaiah 41:10 
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

Will all of the news that of things that might be changing in my life I know that there is a plan and I am not nervous.  I know that I have the family and friends that will stand by me and help me though anything that I might come across.  Now, I hope that no one takes this post as a "Tim has given up" because that is not the case.  This news only makes me want to fight even harder than I have before.  The only fear that I have is the fear of letting everyone else down.  

I hope that everyone has a great weekend and I hope to see everyone Monday night,

Tim








No comments: