Monday, August 26, 2013

Finally A New Post

Well it is exactly 2 months from the last post that I wrote.  I am sorry for not keeping up with this blog better than I do.  One of my best friends Kip got married this past weekend and I had one of our good friend's mom asking me if I was writing these anymore, so I figured that I need to get back at it and post a new one.

Like I have already said we went to my buddy Kip and his new wife Jessica's wedding this past weekend.  We had a great time being back in Columbia and hanging out with friends.  My last 2 years of high school I played summer baseball with a team based out of Charleston called the South Carolina Diamond Devils.  At the wedding there were 7 of us former Diamond Devils.

From left to right is Me, Kip McAlister (groom), Justin Calliham, Charlie Lisk, Matt Campbell, and Brett Anderson.  I said there were 7 of us and for some reason Russell Triplett got left out of the this picture somehow.  Must have had a photographer that had a little bit too much to fun.  Haha.

15 days ago from today I was emptying the dishwasher and accidentally sliced my pinky finger opened on a glass drinking glass.  I had to skip a treatment last week to let it heal properly.  So I am sitting in the infusion room right now and just had my stitches removed and I am getting my treatment.  (Fun times)  I am now not able to play golf for about another month which that in itself is enough punishment for me.

On the cancer side of things, everything is still going good.  My numbers had gone up just slightly over the past month but my doctor thinks that it is plateauing and it should stay around that number for right now.  The treatments themselves aren't that bad.  I still feel good and get in the gym as much as I can to keep my strength up.  Plus this weeks treatment won't be too bad since college football finally starts this Thursday and yes I will not miss the game.

I hope that everyone has a great week.
Tim

No comments: