Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Round 7

Round 7 has been completed. This might have been the easiest of the treatments so far. I don't know why this was the case but I'll take it. I am lucky to have this be the easiest with the golf tournament being held this past Monday.

Steven's friends started coming into town on Friday and the last of them got in on Sunday. Friday I took it easy because I knew that it was going to be a long weekend, and I was correct. On Saturday Steven, Jay, and I went over to Buffalo Wings and watched the Final 4 games. While we were up there Jenny, Barry, Ern, and GH stopped by to hang out.

On Sunday Steven, Jay, Kevin, and I went over to Crosswinds and played the par 3 course to get ready for the tournament the next day. Somehow Steven and Kevin were able to tie Jay and I after 18 holes. We also went to Dick's to get team shirts which ended up being pink. Later that night my mom and dad grilled out and had all of us over for dinner. After dinner we all went downtown to the Ale House to hang out for a little bit.

Monday had finally gotten here. I started the day with a meeting at the office at 8:15 before leaving and heading over to the golf course. We couldn't have asked for a better day for the tournament. The temperature was not too hot and there was only a slight breeze (20 - 30 mph). I got there a little later than I wanted because I thought that "Team Pink" needed to show up together and show team unity. I was amazed at how many people showed up to play in the tournament and a lot of people that I haven't seen in a while. We got started very close to 11 and finished at around 4:45 which is amazing considering how many teams there were on the course.


The dinner / silent auction started right on time and even more people showed up for that. It was wild to look around and see so many people that showed up to support me and my family. I don't have the words to explain just how humbling it is to have that many people to show up to help you personally.

I wanted to take the time to thank all of the people that helped put this event on. The people that got there early in the morning and stayed until late in the night. This event couldn't have happened let alone go off with such a great success. And to everyone that showed up to play golf or come to the dinner I can't thank ya'll enought either. It meant so much to Jenny, myself, and our families to have everyone show up and support us. I had a great time and I think that everyone else had a great time too so thank you so much to everyone.

This week should be pretty normal other than Jenny and I celebrating our first anniversary on Sunday, we've got some pretty cool plans for the weekend that we will fill everyone in on next week.

As always I hope that everyone has a great week. Tim

4 comments:

Courtney Lynn Smith said...

Tim - I came for the dinner and auction! but I was chasing my son around the entire time! ha! I hate that I didn't get to chat, but know that I was there with my mom & dad! :)

Karen Bright said...

Tim, So wish I could have been there and I was in thought all day long! My continued prayers are with you and Jenny!
Love you both! Aunt Karen

Elaine Maxwell said...

i luvs the lady gagas y'all rocked the course!!! what a great event!! & now you & jenny have a great anniversary weekend at wwd!! woo hooxoxoxoxoxo elaine ps i'm still waiting on a call about my tv!!!!!

Richard Krapfel said...

That certainly is a "motley" crew in the pink shirts! Wish I could have been there to see that. Sounds like it was a great event all the way around, and I hate I had to miss it because of Furniture Market! You and Jenny stay strong, and know that both of you are in Jean's and my thoughts and prayers every day. Talk to you soon.