Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Dose of the New Stuff

I have finished my first round of the new chemo regiment and it was pretty tough.  I felt really good most of the day on Wednesday but then it hit me like a ton of bricks on Thursday.  I slept for most of the day on Thursday and Friday.  The nausea wasn't terrible, but was worse than I have experienced in a while.  Jenny was out of town for the weekend at a bachelorette party in Savannah and I pretty much just laid around the house all day Saturday and Sunday with our puppy recovering.  It will take some time to get used to the new treatment but hopefully they will go a lot smoother in the future.  The main difference in the two treatments is the sensitivity to cold.  Yesterday was the first time that I was able to eat or drink anything colder than room temperature, but this sure beats the redness on my face that the last treatment gave me. 

This week is going to be busy the rest of the week with work and my second appearance on the Scene on 7 show at 10AM this Thursday on Channel 7.  I hope that everyone will be able to watch because it is going to be great to be able to sit with Dr. Edenfield and talk about something that is very improtant to me. 

I hope that everyone has a great week and don't forget to sign up for the golf tournament, silent auction, and dinner, we could still use some sponsors and silent auction items as well so if you're interested just let me know.  It is going to be a ton of fun, I promise.

Tim

3 comments:

Maggie Laughlin said...

Sorry your treatment was so rough this time. Hopefully, your system will regulate to it. I will be watching you on Thursday, so smile for the camera!

Take care and I will pray that your treatments get easier and easier.

My love to all,

Maggie

P.S. Please tell Rickia that if she needs transportation to P.T. or anything, let me know. Jack is home for the last week after his prostate surgery, so I will be available!!!

Celeste George said...

Thanks for your update--always look forward to hearing from you and Jenny. Sorry the last treatment knocked you back a bit--hope the next one will be more tolerable. Seems like sometimes your body sort of adjusts and you know more what to expect. And I am glad that you are not battling the redness this time.

Hope to see the show with you and Dr. Edenfield--I have heard nothing but wonderful things about him--I have Dr. Gococo--and I like him very much also.

Take care Tim and Jenny. Hope next week is a good one for you.

Andy Satterfield said...

Tim
Even though I don't see you often, I wanted you to know that I read your updates and that you are in my thoughts and prayers. This isnt what guys your age expect or experience often. I admire the way that you have handled it and especially the way that you are working to make a difference. I know that your Mom and Dad are very proud of you. I am looking forward to the golf tournament!
Take care and keep up the good fight.