Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Round 2 and The Links

I have finished my second dose of the new drugs and started a new week. This past treatment was the most evenful so far. I will give a quick recap of last Wednesday. I got home from treatment and Jenny ran up to EP for a little bit late in the afternoon and I laid down for a quick nap after a long day at the Cancer Center. I woke up about an hour later with a sharp pain in my upper stomach, then had it move into my chest, and then to my back. The pain was so sharp that it made me not able to breathe very easily. It lasted about 2 minutes and when it ended I called Jenny who rushed home. I talked with my doctor and he told me that if it happened again that I needed to head to the ER because some of the side effects of the drugs can be severe. I had no problems the rest of the day and went to bed at 11:30. I fell asleep only to wake up 15 minutes later with the same pains again. Jenny and I got up and went over to the ER. They ran some tests and determined that it was just a slight side effect of the new drugs, possibly a slight allergic reaction. We finally got home and to bed at 4:30. I havent had the symptoms since then but they are going to add some additional pre-meds as a preventative next time.

Greg and Suzanne came over on Thursday and made a great dinner for Jenny and I, which was great after the long night before and allowed us to play with their son, Yates. Greg has done a really cool thing for lent by choosing to serve others rather than to simply give up something. If you want to read about his adventures here is the link, its a pretty cool thing: http://ordinarycommunion.blogspot.com/

The rest of the was pretty quiet. We hung out with Steven, Haley, the kids, and a couple other friends over the weekend and had a great time with all of them.

I also want to mention that the spot for the golf tournament are going very fast now. I guess we are just getting closer to the actual day and we are now down only 12 teams left. So if you are planning on playing then you should sign up quickly. However there are still plenty of spots for the dinner and silent auction so sign up quickly for that too even if you aren't a golfer, you don't even need a babysitter becuase the kids are welcome as well.

I hope that everyone has a great week.

Tim

2 comments:

Celeste George said...

Tim--Hope you are doing okay by now--thanks for including the blog link--it is a great one! Have a blessed week.

Celeste George

Maggie Laughlin said...

Well, Mr. Personality, you have had quite a week!! Glad you are feeling better. I have enjoyed seeing you on TV and reading the article in the news! You always had to be front and center, didn't you??? I am kidding, of course. I am so proud of you and what you are doing for others. Hope the next treatment is nicer to you. Have a great week-end!!

Love to all,

Maggie