Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Golf Tournament and Whats Next

I guess last time we wrote on here was to talk about the Dragon Boat Race. We had a great time and won both of our heats by a long shot but barely missed the cut for the finals. Hopefully its something we can do again next year.

I cannot say thank you enough to everyone for their help and support with the golf tournament.  We all had a great time and helped me raise money for something that I am very passionate about.  We are still waiting to pay a couple of expenses and then we will have the final number to post.  I am hoping that we will exceed our goal for this year. 

For those that werent able to make it out to Greenville Country Club last Monday you missed a great time and I will take just a few minutes to talk a little bit about it.  We had 37 teams that played and there were a few holes that got backed up but that is to be expected when you have that many teams.  At dinner we exceeded the 400 person count.  Dr. Edenfield and Jim Kaltenbach did a great job explaining where the money that we raised was going to.  I didnt think that I would be a part of Dr. Edenfield's study this soon but I am and I am extremely happy that people are helping out.

Like I said I am already going into Dr. Edenfield's study and that is taking place on Thursday.  I will be heading over to Greenville Memorial at 5:30 am for my 8:00 surgery.  Dr. James Stephenson is going to be the doctor taking the biopsy.  I dont know how long the surgery will last but they are going in and taking a small sample of one of the spots on my lung and I'll be in the hospital until at least Saturday, possibly Sunday.  It's a pretty straight forward surgery but because its on my lung I'll have to have a chest tube for a few days. They will then take that sample and test it against every type of chemo out there to see which best fits me.  This process will take about 2 weeks to complete before I get the results back. We will go up to Chapel Hill to meet with my other oncologist Dr. Bert O'Neill after the results are back and should know what we're going to do next within about 3 weeks.

If you think about it please send prayers & good thoughts our way over the next few days for a smooth surgery & recovery & again over the next few weeks. We're really hoping that this might be what we need to get rid of this thing once & for all.

Thanks,
Tim

8 comments:

Patti Greenwell said...

Tim & Jenny - Thrilled to learn that you will be part of Dr. Edenfield's research! Doug & I will certainly continue praying for you....especially tomorrow & the days & weeks to come! Love - Patti & Doug

Celeste George said...

Tim

Thanks for the update--saw your Dr. Edenfield last night at a Breast Cancer Support meeting at Taylors FBC--he is quite entertaining and super intelligent which is a great mix. He was mostly answering questions about BCancer but was also talking about his research and his excitement about being able to soon indivicualize treatment more for better results--in which I know you are involved. There is lots going on with cancer research and it is exciting! I think you are in very capable hands with Dr. E.--seems great and always hear nothing but good things about him.

Sounds you have been busy and the events all went well. So happy for you. Good luck with the biopsy--and hope they get some great data that will very useful in your treatment plan. Our son Chris who graduated from RHS in 1994 had a pneumothorax (sp??? leak in his lung) his senior year and had a chest tube for a week--not so much fun but necessary! I will be praying that all goes well with that procedure for you.

Hope your sweet Jenny is doing well also.

Maggie Laughlin said...

HEY TIM AND JENNY,

THE GOLF TOURNAMENT WAS SO MUCH FUN AND IT WAS SO GREAT TO SEE YOU, YOUR FAMILIES AND MANY FRIENDS I HAD NOT SEEN IN A WHILE.

AS ALWAYS, MY PRAYERS WILL BE WITH YOU AS YOU GO THROUGH YOUR SURGERY, AND ALSO I WILL CERTAINLY BE PRAYING THIS WILL FIND A CURE FOR NOT ONLY Y0U, BUT MANY OTHERS!! GOOD LUCK! GOD BLESS!!

LOVE TO ALL,

MAGGIE

Carroll & Steve Luck said...

Prayers and good thoughts are always with you.

Carroll & Steve Luck

Sam Oates said...

Always praying for you buddy. Hope it goes great and you get wonderful news.

Dianne Massey said...

Tim, just to let you know that I continue to pray for you. I pray this study will come up with the answer for you.

Dianne Massey

Tod Forrest said...

Tim,

I have you in my prayers every day!
May Gods hand be upon you with healing that passes all understanding.

Tod Forrest

Susan McCoy said...

Love yours posts and praying!