Wednesday, March 10, 2010

End of Round #1

Sorry I haven't updated the site in a week.  I finished with Chemo last Fri. at about 9:00 in the morning.  I felt pretty good overall for the first round.  The best way for me to describe how I felt is that I felt like I had a cold for 3 days and I was tired, groggy, a little dizzy, and very lethargic.  But this didn't last but 3 days and I was able to work at least half days for those 3 days.  I'll try to go back a couple of days and let everyone know what went on.

On Thursday I went into work and left a little bit after lunch time and came home and took a nap and this was the first time in a couple of weeks that I had done this.  That night Berkley and Chris came by and dropped off dinner and that spaghetti was so good and exactly what I was craving that night. 

I remember that I felt the worse on Friday.  I haven't figured out why it was the worse day but it was.  I woke up at 7:45 that morning and when I got out of the shower and I was getting dressed my cool fanny pack was going off and telling me that the medicine was running out and that I could go and get unhooked.  I got to the hospital at around 9:00 and was able to go right into the back and Lynn pushed the last bit of medicine from the pack into me and then flushed my port and I was about to be on my way when she noticed something black near my port.  There was a stitch that was sticking up that needed to come out.  It's like they say "when it rains it pours."  I just can't catch a break right now.  So, I left The Cancer Center and started walking across the hosiptal over to the radiation department where they placed the port to see what needed to be done.  Now I had to call Jenny b/c I got completely lost trying to find my way over to the complete opposite side of the hospital.  I finally made it thanks to her directions and I was told that it was a stitch from the inside that had come through and needed to get removed.  So they cut the stitch and I was on my way back to The Cancer Center b/c I forgot to set up my appointment for my next treatment.  I really got lost this time and ended up in some wing that wasn't even close to where I needed to be.  Jenny again bailed me out of my situation.  I left the hospital and went and met GH for lunch and headed home for the day. 

Kip and BA came into town on Sat. for Jenny and I's shower that night.  I met them at Gregory's for Kip to get fitted for his tux and then we left and went to Chipotle for lunch.  We left and went and messed around for a little bit before we came back to our house and took some naps.  The party started at 7:00 and it was really good to see some of my friends that I hadn't seen in a while.  I'm not going to name everyone that was there but that would just take too long but we had a great time seeing everyone that came.  We left the party and went downtown and hung out at Connelly's for about an hour before I was ready to go home and go to sleep. 

Sunday we woke up and waited for Chuck to get into town and then we went and ate at Lieu's.  After that we came back to the house and hung out for the rest of the day. 

On Monday I went back to work for a full day and also went to see the surgeon and he told me that everything looked really good but I am still not allowed to lift anything too heavy or do anything too strenuous.  After work I headed up to Rock Hill with my dad and brother to watch them take on Fort Mill.  Coach Bates called me a couple of weeks ago and asked me to come and throw out the first pitch.  It was such and honor to be asked to do something like that.  All of the people and players we extremely nice and it was a great experience that I will never forget. 

I work another full day yesterday and finished it off with dinner at Jenny's Uncle Tom and Aunt Kay's house for dinner.  We talked about the wedding and how things were going to happen that day since Uncle Tom is going to be performing the ceremony.  We had a great dinner and I think that I ate way too much but the food was so good that I couldn't stop eating.

Finally for today.  I can say that I will no longer wait an entire week to write one of these and I'm sure that I have forgotten things that I did this week but thats ok.  I slept in a little bit longer today b/c I think that I pushed myself just a little bit too much that past 2 days.  I got some rest and I will be back ready to go again tomorrow. 

I want to thank everyone so much for all of their prayers and thoughts.  It means so much to myself, Jenny, and both of our families.  I know thank you doesn't do it but I want to say thank you and I love you all. 

Post a Comment