Monday, March 22, 2010

End of Round #2

Well I have made it through the 2nd round of chemo.  Thursday was the worst day I have had so far.  I woke up that morning at my normal time for work and realized that I didn't feel good and needed to keep sleeping for a bit.  I finally woke up at around 9:30 and felt a little groggy but I thought that was just from sleeping a little bit longer than normal, and I got into the shower and got ready for work.  I made it to work and started reading emails and getting ready for the rest of the day when I just started feeling incredibly dizzy.  I wanted to drink a little water but even the thought of that made me feel sick to my stomach.  I stayed at work for about another 45 minutes while feeling like this before I just couldn't take it anymore.  I got home and preceeded to fall asleep for about 3 hours.  Now I will say that I took a Phenergan while I was at work when I started feeling dizzy so I think that helped me sleep as long as I did.  Since I slept so long during the day I was up until about 2:30 that night, but I was up bright and early on Friday and back to work.  I woke up at 8:00 to find that my pack was low and I was allowed to head over to the hospital and get unhooked.  I got there a little after 9:00 and was out the door and on my way to work before 10:00.  I still had the dizzy feeling on Friday but I took a different kind of pill that morning so it wasn't anywhere near the feeling I had Thursday.  Friday night was a quiet night and I just stayed at home and watched basketball after Jenny fell asleep at 9. 

On Saturday I got up and had to run a couple of errands before I settled back on my couch to watch basketball all afternoon while Jenny worked out in the yard a little bit. (Yes I did help although it wasn't very much)  That night we were invited over to John and Christy's house for dinner and to hangout with some friends.  It was tough not to have a couple of beers over there but my Coca-Cola got me through the night ok. 

Sunday Jenny met with Mrs. Haas, Mrs. Cromer, Georgia, and Carolyn to talk about the baby shower that is being throw by them for my brother and Haley.  While Jenny was doing this I assumed my position once again on the couch and watched basketball.  I am useless on the weekends during "March Madness" and the college football season.  That night my parents came over and we threw some burgers on the grill and had dinner with them while we finished watching the basketball games of the day.  They stayed for about an hour and a half before they left and I did a little laundry and went to bed around 9:00 not feeling too well. 

I woke up today not feeling well again so I stayed home from work and tried some different medicine this time. I'm finally starting to feel better and plan on heading back to work tomorrow.

Round 2 of chemo is officially over and I am finally in my off week again.  We have a busy next couple of weeks coming up so I am going to try to rest any chance I get.  I want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

Tim

No comments: