Sunday, February 19, 2012

Golf Anyone?

Well it is that time again. The Masters is only 2 months away, and so is the Tee It Up For Tim tournament. As you have seen on here from some of the recent posts that Jenny has put on here we have decided to do the tournament again this year. We are changing it up a little bit though. My doctor, Dr. Jeff Edenfield, is looking to fund a new study for Colon Cancer. I talked with Dr. Edenfield and Jenny and we decided that this year we wanted to give back and donate the money raised at this year's tournament to Dr. Edenfield and his study. This is something that is very near and dear to me and some of the people that I have met over these past 2 years at the cancer center. We are hoping that Dr. Edenfield will be able to get one step closer to finding a cure to this terrible disease.

Now that we have gotten the seriousness of the post out of the way, I really hope that people will come out to support our cause. If you were a part of the tournament last year then you already know how much fun we had out on the course and afterwards at the silent auction. I can assure you that this year will be just as much fun because afterall even though we are raising money for a good cause the purpose of this tournament is to have fun. We are going to have our website set up soon so people can start signing up, so get your team ready.

I also just wanted to give a quick update to how things are going with me. We are still trucking along with treatments. This past treatment was a little rougher than most. I am all set to get another round this coming Wed. and hopefully we will get through it without any problems. I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

No comments: