Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Quick Update

I met with Dr. Edendfield on Monday to go over how things are going with me and what lies ahead. We have decided that the treatment plan that I am currenlty going through has just about run its course. So, after today's treatment, that I am currenty getting, we are going to have a new PET Scan done this coming Monday to see if anything has changed on that scan. We will have our normal Monday visit with Dr. Edenfield the following Monday to talk about the scan and decide how we are going to do a biopsy of the small spots on my lungs. The biopsy is solely for the purpose of getting the profile of the spots to see if there are any drugs that will work better in fighting the cancer than what I am getting now or have gotten. It is also my understanding that I may be switching back to FOLFOX, the chemo I got for my 1st 12 treatments I ever recieved, and combine that with a drug called Avastin starting with my next treatment two weeks from today to keep the cancer cells confused.

While this news isn't great we are still keeping a positive attitude and will be victorious in the end. I hope that everyone has a great week & keep an eye out for additional information on the golf tournament coming out soon.

Tim

7 comments:

Karen Bright said...

Love you and I am so glad that you called me!

Susan Hunnicutt said...

Tim,

We will continue to keep you and Jenny in our prayers. Keep the faith. Love to you both.


Susan Hunnicutt

Jane Godwin said...

We are keeping y'all in our prayers! Jane and David Godwin

Sam Oates said...

Thinnk about you every day and pray that something they try will help you kick this. Look forward to seeing you and wish I could play in the tournament. Let me know if you need me to do something to help out.

Maggie Laughlin said...

Tim,

As always, you are in our prayers. We will send extra prayers on Monday when you have your scan.

God is so good, and He has you in His hands. What more could we ask for?
Much love to all,

Maggie

Jim Tolbert said...

Love ya man! In my prayers, it was good to see you at the Blade the other day. Jim Tolbert

Sherry Wharton said...

Hi Tim and Jenny,

Have just read your e-mail. I am glad you are still working at confusing the cancer and staying optimistic. Have read good things about Avastin. Perhaps, it will be just the thing for you. New things are coming along everyday.

Once again, Jeff will be unable to play in your golf tournament. Due to a previous injury, he had shoulder surgery this morning (his second). It was scheduled a while back and went well. Unfortunately, golf will be out of the picture for him for a while.

I have been in Atlanta a lot since Ashley's baby was born December 1st. Ashley will return to work next week, so I will be keeping the baby until the end of April when Jessica's baby is due. Hopefully, Ashley will find a good day care situation, so I can then help Jess for a while. With Alex's college graduation and my dad's illness, there is a lot of shuffling going on.

I hope the tournament will be a huge success. I will check the site to see how we can help from afar.

Lots of love,

the Whartons