Thursday, April 5, 2012

Round 3 of the 3rd type of Chemo

I am currently in the middle of Round 3 and looking forward to getting unhooked tomorrow. Things didnt go quite as planned this week. I went and played golf with my friend Martin on Sunday and really irritated my big toe. I had my doctor visit on Monday and showed Heather and she said thtat if it got worse then I needed to show it to her on Wed. Well it got a lot worse and I know have a small staph infection on my toe. Then to top it off my CEA number is continuing to rise and I will have another CT scan on Monday morning. I will then have my bi-weekly meeting with Dr. Edenfield so see what is next. The only thing that I can say is "when it rains it pours". I will keep everyone posted as we learn more but I may be switching up what kind of chemo I'm on yet again.

I aslo wanted to mention how excited and overwhelmed that we have already fill up the golf tounament. So thank you to all that have showed up. But dont forget that if you didnt get in the golf then please come out to the dinner and silent acution because we could use a lot more and its going to be really good.

Love,
Tim

3 comments:

Maggie Laughlin said...

Tim,

I will be praying extra for you on Monday! I am so happy about the golf tournament! I look forward to seeing you and your family!

Keep the faith, Tim. God will never forsake you.

Love.

Sandy Glenn said...

Aww man. Stupid toe...stupid cancer. Hope you feel my support.

Randall Bentley said...

Sorry to hear you're having new challenges. Keep your head up and will stay on our knees.