Thursday, January 24, 2013

For Izzy

It's late and Blogger erased my previous post but this is something I've been thinking about for awhile but lacking the words I need.

Our friends, Landon and Allyson Powell, had two beautiful baby girls recently. Ellie got to come home awhile ago to meet her big brother Holden. Izzy has remained in the hospital and was actually Medivac'd up to Cincinnati for treatment. Landon and Ally have been coming back and forth trying to balance their time between their two kids here and their very sick baby up there.

I can't even begin to imagine what they've been going through much less what they are facing now. They have shown more strength, graciousness and faith in this short amount of time than many of us will ever have to.

They have also inspired me as although I've grown up in a church that I love, I've never been comfortable talking about my faith. Ally and Landon have not only been unwavering in their faith throughout this but have set an example of that faith that we should all hope to follow.

Tonight is a big night for Izzy, the Powell family could really use a miracle. Please say a prayer for this little baby to be able to receive that miracle and for Ally and Landon to have a sense of peace. I can't imagine what they are going through but I do know how much it helps to have that feeling of peace during a scary time.



No comments: