Thursday, March 14, 2013

My First Post In Awhile

Well I have taken some time off from my professional blog writing career to let Jenny start hers in hopes that she would be as famous as me one day.  She has kept everyone up to date on how things are going with my treatments lately, which last week was pretty good in comparison to the first treatment I had.  I am gearing up for another one this coming Monday since the Cancer Center will be closed next Friday.  I could go to another location in the hospital to get unhooked on Friday, but they will force the last 5ml to make the treatment finish about an hour or hour and a half earlier than I should be finished and that time is worth getting a treatment two days early.  Once I am finally unhooked it takes the rest of the day to start feeling a bit on the normal side again.

On a fun side of things we are getting really close to the 2013 Tee It Up For Cancer event.  We are excited that the golf sold out in two weeks and have some really cool items this year for the silent auction.  Now the part that I need help with from everyone is making sure that the room is full for the dinner.  I really hope that everyone can come and support this cause.  The cancer research world has made incredible strides since I was first diagnosed 3 years ago, and the money that we will raise this year will only help increase those strides.  This has really become a part of my life that is very important to me and putting on this golf tournament every year is something that I really look forward to not only because Jenny and I get to see so many of our friends but also because if it is a success then hopefully we will be that much closer to a cure.  So I hope that everyone can come and help us again this year. You can click on the 2013 Tee It Up for Cancer banner on the right side of this page to sign up.

Also, I talked with Barret Foust on the phone today and he informed me that the Brightlife / iTOR house will be finished tomorrow and the designers will be able to start moving the furniture in and getting it set up for the  weekends it will be opened in April.  I got to walk through the house a couple of weeks ago and it is amazing.  Barret and Bryan have done such a great job with this house that I can not wait to see it with all of the furniture inside.

I hope that everyone has a great week and I hope to see everyone April 8th at Thornblade.

Love,
Tim


No comments: