Sunday, January 9, 2011

Round 1 Done, Chemo - 1, Tim - 0

Well Round 1 is in the books and I am very happy to see it leave. I guess I thought I would breeze through everything like I did the last 12 times but that was not the case. This took a little more out of me than I expected, but that could be due to me not eating anything before I went in on Wednesday and not really feeling like eating anything the rest of the time. I will not make that mistake again.

I slept for the better part of Wed - Fri. Jenny kept a steady dose of nausea medicine in me those days so me sleeping a lot is not a big surprise. I had to get an IV for fluids when I got unhooked on Friday just to make sure I wasn't dehydrated from not really eating or drinking anything but that's pretty standard.


This weekend was much better as my brother's roommate from college, Kevin, came into town. He and Steven provided plenty of comic relief. The two of them together might be the funniest pair in America. I get to hang out with the two of them again, along with Mark next weekend when we go to Chicago to watch Jay and the Bears play in their playoff game.

I'm ready to head back into the office tomorrow and get back to my normal routine for the next week and a half that is if Snowgate 2011 doesn't happen. I'm pretty sure it won't be as bad as they say it will but I'm not a weather forecaster so what do I know. I hope everyone had a great weekend and a great next week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chemo may have gotten on the scoreboard first, but I know you'll make a big comeback especially now that you know better how to prepare for the game!


Much love,
Cindy

Karen Bright said...

You go Tim. Yes I think your brother and his roommate are great comic releif! Keep on fighting, my friend! I know you can do it!!! NEE NEE always knows that you are the best!

Kevin said...

Timmy,
Had a great time this weekend... and looking forward to many more. I'm glad to know you find our humor so funny, since most people tend to think there's something wrong with us haha!! Can't wait for Chi-town....See you in a few days!!