Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Big Brother

I left Tim and Jenny a little while ago, and I told Jenny that I would give her the night off from posting a blog so she could get some much deserved rest. I am happy to say that when I left Tim tonight he was doing well. As Jenny described earlier, his breathing is doing much better. I would even say that his breathing tonight at the hospital was better than I have seen it in some time (including the weeks leading up to today). To say the least, it is great to see. The main reason that I asked Jenny if I could post an update on Tim was so that I could try my best to explain the gratitude that I have for all of the support Tim has received from all of his friends and family. If you could have experienced the transformation in Tim from Monday to today, you would agree with me that what I witnessed was nothing short of a miracle. I believe it is a miracle that took place in large part because of all of the prayers, support, and thoughts that were sent up for Tim, and for that I thank ALL of you. I also want to share a couple of stories and thoughts that I have about Tim. Four and a half years ago I was told by my father that they found something on Tim's colon that the Dr. believed was cancer. I called Jenny before calling Tim later that same day because I didn't want him to sense my sadness. The first thing that Jenny said to me was "all he wants to know is how you are doing. He is worried about you". That will tell you everything you ever need to know about Tim. As Tim's younger brother, I have always known him to be the best brother and also my best friend. What I have learned over time is that Tim is also my hero. If you look up hero in the dictionary, it is defined as someone who is admired for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. In my opinion Tim's picture could be next to that word. I believe that God places people in situations where He knows they can/will excel. It takes a hero to accept a tough situation, and to the best of their abilities, accept the hardship and excel despite it. Now that we are working together I am with Tim every day, and not one time have I ever heard him complain about the hand that he has been dealt. What he does is live every day with courage, happiness, and thankfulness for what he has been given. There is not a night that goes by that I don't thank God for the day he gave us Tim. What Tim does for me every day, and I'm sure what he does for a lot of people that he comes in contact with, is show them that life is not about what you have, but rather how to excel with what you have been given. He has also shown all of us what toughness really looks like. It looks like Tim. Again, thank you for all of the support that each of you have shown for Tim the last couple of days. He appreciates it more than you will ever know. Steven Bright

No comments: