Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ern's Visit

I wanted to give Jenny the night off of writing this so I am taking charge tonite.  Today was a day filled with information and the tasks that are ahead of me next week.  As you all know last night Jenny posted that I wanted doughnuts and I guess as they all say "ask and you shall recieve" and today I recieved a dozen Dunkin Doughnuts from my man Ern.  I could have kissed him when he came in the door with the box but then as soon as I did that he would punch me and walk back out....................with the doughnuts in hand.  Ern is a great friend and it was good to see him today and even nicer that he brought Jenny and I food.

I got a call from Dr. Edenfield this afternoon right after lunch and he told us about everything that I would be facing in the coming weeks.  Staring on Monday I have to go and do some lab work at The Cancer Center, and then that afternoon I have go and and get a PET scan in order to see if the cancer has spread at all. 

I get a break on Tuesday with no appointments or any plans for the day.  I think after Monday I will want a day off.

Wednesday I am going to have a port installed in my chest for the Chemo treatments I will begin to recieve in early March and will last for about 6 months.  I'm glad for the port b/c me and needles don't see eye to eye. 

Thursday afternoon we get to sit down with Dr. Edenfield to discuss test results and talk about how we are going to attack this.

Enough about next week, I will now get back to the rest of the day today (because I really lead a super exciting life) and after the phone call Jenny and I kept working on wedding stuff which will still take place in April.  Tonite John and Christy brought dinner over and it was amazing.  I called Christy after eating and told her that was the most I had eaten in almost a week and a half. 

Both our parents came over tonite and we discussed our wedding and what we should do and like I said earlier we decided that the wedding is still a go and I can't wait for it to get here. 

Like Jenny says everyday at the end of her posts, I really can't thank everyone enough for all of the love and support everyone has given.  Getting on the site and seeing all of the new messages everyday puts a huge smile on my face.  So for that I want to say THANK YOU to everyone that has posted or visited this site.

Tim

No comments: