Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Q-Tip

Well today was by far the most event filled day I have had so far.  It all started at 9:00 with a small cup of apple sauce, the only thing I was able to eat all day, and then I had to be over at the Cancer Center by 9:30 for lab work.  And let me say this, I don't like anything about needles, and when they say "lab work" it really means "Ok Tim we need a lot of you blood so just sit back and try not to pass out."  So I had them lay me down before they drained everything out of my arm.

After that was over I headed over to my office to make 2 copies of some bills that have come in.  It was so good to finally see the people I work with everyday.  I didn't stay too long but it was so good to see all of them and catch back up with them a little bit.

I left my office and went back to my house for some rest before my jam packed rest of the afternoon. 

My mom and I left my house at 1:00 to get to my appt. with my surgeon for him to look over my cut from when it busted open this weekend.  He told me that I have a very small infection in my cut.  He then precedes to take off all of the butterfly strips and then took it one step further and grabbed a long q-tip.  At this point my eyes got a little wide but I really wasn't that worried because I figured he was just going to get a little sample and it would be over and we could both move on with our lives.  But that was not the case.  He preceded to put peroxide on the end of the swab and jam it down into the small opening in my incision and acted like he was baking a cake.  I have felt some crazy pain my life but nothing prepared my for this pain I felt today.  After it was over he acted like nothing happened and nonchalantly told Jenny that she would be doing the same thing 3 times a day for the next 2 weeks.  At this point right now I don't know who is more scared me or Jenny.

I left the kitchen, I mean the doctor's office, and Jenny, my mom, and I headed over to the place where I was getting my PETscan.  We arrived early because the surgeon's office was fairly close to where this place is.  We got there and sat in the waiting room when a familiar face come over and talk to us.  Marc Young's mom works at the hospital and happened to be over at the PETscan place this week, so she came and talked to us for about 10 minutes. 

I got taken back to my room where they hooked an IV into my arm and made me drink this funny tasting water drink.  It was nice b/c I was in a recliner and I just sat and literally watched the clock move for 50 minutes before they finally came and got me and took me back to the scanning room.  They laid me down and slid me through a tube for about 20 or 25 minutes and then it was over. 

I left the PETscan and Jenny and I went back to the house and finally my crazy day was over.  I think that my day was so full and it was nonstop that I really just didn't feel well at all when I got home.  But I feel fine now and I am glad that today is over and I get a break tomorrow.

Again I want to thank everyone who looks at this site and who has written me here, sent me a text, or called.  All of these things are so humbling and keep me going everyday. 

Tim

No comments: